I never went to school

For the past couple days I’ve immersed myself in the high school culture.  I visited PC North (a local highschool) yesterday during their lunch hour, and Westmore (a highschool on the south side of Oklahoma City) this morning before classes started.  If you know me, you know that I’ve been homeschooled for my entire educational life, so entering into the lions den of this place called high school has been somewhat of a shock to me.

One thing I’ve observed is this: insecurity is rampant in high school.  It’s so thick, I feel like I could cut it with a knife.  It excites me to learn more as I continue to get into the minds of high schoolers.

Share your most embarrassing or defining moment in high school.

9 Responses to “I never went to school”

• Roger says:

it was a long time ago but I went to a private school and only because my mother taught there so insecurity for me was rampant. I was a starter on varsity basketball and took more grief about a time when our new team shoes came in and everyone else had the team colors and I had to wear an all white pair for a few games because my size was backordered. Talk about petty. I heard more about that then being top scorer for those games. But I honestly think that it made me the man I am today and I wouldn’t have traded it for anything. It is definitely a test but if you pass you come out much stronger.
    Nice post

• princessjes says:

I don’t even know…well ok how about chopping all of my hair off at the end of senior year, that was a pretty big deal–for me, but that was more a release of insecurity than anything else…it was AMAZING! Hello 14 inches!

Hmmm. It was so long ago (19 years) that I can’t remember, lol.

• I don’t want to talk about it…

• Natalie Daws says:

hey anna!! i just wanted you to know how proud i am of you! and that i think what you are doing is awesome!i miss seeing your pretty face at church, but i know that God is using you in soo many ways at NW. i enjoyed what you wrote about and i completely understand everything you wrote..i hope to see you soon!

• Sarah says:

senior prom…I had a blonde hair blue eye date…AND a jaguer to go with it the night seemed perfect. Then I got food poising and thru up on his shoe :)

• Charissa says:

Ahh, high school. Most embarrassing moment… is definitely NOT one that I am posting on the web, I’ll have to tell you in person.

• I went to Hefner and PC North. It had been 25 years since I graduated from North. I was in there recently, it looked like a prison; chained doors, cops walking the halls. Much different than the good old days.

I don’t have many memories, I was kind of a ghost.

• Esther says:

hold on missy! care to share yours? 😉 we love our homeschoolers!

bless you as God helps you define and shape their lives!

embarrassing: using a sock puppet at the end of my stuco video. The puppet knocked me out. i don’t know WHAT i was thinking but at least people were amused.

defining: crying at a retreat, realizing how I never learned how to rely on others- the body– and vowing to learn to trust others