Love, Sex and Relationships…

Instead of writing a blog last night I worked on my message for tonight’s experience.  At SWITCH we’re in a series called Love, Sex and Relationships.  Tonight’s message is a Q&A–questions asked by the students about those three subjects.  Some questions include:

Why is sex bad?  How far is too far?  Is it wrong to have a gay relationship?  And the most shocking: Does sex in the booty get you pregnant? (Can I say that?)

Now, why, I ask, do they decide to put a homeschooled, 21-year-old virgin up on stage to answer their questions, I don’t know.  But that is the case.

I could easily shy away, thinking, “I don’t have the experience to speak to these students!  What the heck do I know?”

I’ve decided the answer is: TRUTH.  I know truth.  I know God’s truth.  And let’s be honest.  When talking about these three subjects that’s all a student really needs.

Pray for me today.  It’s going to be amazing to see what God does.

Have you ever felt inadequate about something you had to do?  What did you do to overcome it? Share your story with your fellow readers!

16 Responses to “Love, Sex and Relationships…”

• aaron says:

you’ll do great because of truth.

Yes daily I feel this way!

• Sarah says:

you’ll do great!!! I will be praying!!!!

• I think it’s always kind of fun to talk about things like that (both things you aren’t an “expert” on and whether or not you can get pregnant by…).

I’m sure you’ll do great, and I’ll shoot up a couple of prayers for you today!

All I’ve got to say is that God sure has a sense of humor doesn’t He? And, He knows what He is doing. I’ll be praying.

• Ame Johnson says:

You’ll do GREAT! I’ll be praying for YOU and for the Switch Students and Leaders!

I’ve definitely felt inadequate in various situations and I’ve learned sometimes you just have to go for it and know God’s right there with you! It’s easier to say than do sometimes, I know… but you absolutely have to know He’ll be there tonight, guiding your heart, your mind and your words!

God definitely does have a sense of humor… :) We Miss You! Can’t wait to hear how it goes!

• Christi D. says:

I would be shaking in my boots! But YOU, my friend are going to do great. You just have a way with words and they are going to love it:)

• Jenn Cady says:

All the time! You are the person who NEEDS to speak. YOU are living it out and they need to know that life is STILL fulfilling even though you have chosen to wait! Let the ones know who have crossed the line that they can CHOOSE to start a new today.

Didn’t God choose a 13ish year old virgin named Mary to rock the world? Wasn’t she scared? YES! Just be willing to step out and He will do the rest! DO IT shaking in your boots and BE REAL! You are taking that step out of the boat…God wants you to be his word…so let him use you! You will Rock!

• Good point about Mary, Jenn. Look at it this way, God just chose the purest to expose the dark. You’ll be great!

• wait….not that sex is dark, but premarital sex…you know what i mean

You have no idea how encouraging all of you are! Thank you so much for all your words!

• Heck….I wouldn’t miss this for anything! LOL

II Tim 3:17 (The Message)—you’re equipped!!

See you about 5 something with a fruit smoothie!

• roger says:

Scott is lucky to have someone like you on his staff. you have no reservations when it comes to faith and I think that will talk to those kids. the booty discussion is going to be interesting I want to be a fly on the wall for that.

• Abbi Zeliff says:

Truth is truth, and the kids know you speak it. And I agree that it’s a LOT easier to live it by example than to give a talk with the hidden message “Do as I say, not as I do.” Jenn is SO right! I’m older than you, and you’ve been such an encouragement to ME as an example of a godly woman!! I can only imagine how much you’ll impact these kids.

Also, you might consider reminding them (using Biblical truth) that just because you can’t get pregnant by doing certain things, doesn’t mean God excuses it. He sees the sin, even if there aren’t any visible ‘consequences’ for the act.

• Shanna Crawford says:

You are PERFECT to talk about this subject. You love God and these kids…you have passion…and you are living in abandon to Him…this is contagious. I wish I could be there to cheer you on!

• princessjes says:

AWWW! Anna, when I heard you were speaking…I’m not gonna lie..I laughed! Just at the fact that were had to do it, not that you couldn’t. I heard you did AMAZING!!! Sorry I couldn’t join you , I was back in the yellow walls!
    love ya sis!

• Esther says:

wow! keep us posted! How very true- what a great answer: knowing truth- so powerful!