Weapons of Mass Destruction

“Prayer is our number one weapon when going to war against the enemy.”

Then why don’t I use it?  This week God has been opening my eyes to how much I DON’T pray.  If we truly believe that prayer is our number one offensive weapon in the spiritual battle we’re all facing, then why don’t we use it.  Why don’t we use it the way it was meant to be used?

Maybe because we don’t really believe… So why not try it?  Why not pray the way we were meant to pray for a day?  A week?  What’s the worst that can happen?  God might act.  We might actually realize that prayer works, which means we’d have to keep doing it.

Just some thoughts…

I’m doing battle today for:

My students.  Please stand in prayer with me for them.

You.  How can I pray for you?  Please respond!  If God is right (and he always is) the prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective.

What can I pray for you today?  This week?

10 Responses to “Weapons of Mass Destruction”

• Tara Brown says:

Pray ‘Victory’ for me! I have several areas of my life I am working on. I’d like to see some progress… It’s so easy to become discouraged. Thanks!

• Ame Johnson says:

First, know YOU are in my heart and prayers. I used to keep a prayer journal and I’ve gotten away from it… I really need to pick it back up! It helped me focus. I’ve continued what I consider my “morning conversations with God” on my way to work and I’m good about praying with the boys before bed, but I feel like I’ve not been on my knees in battle nearly enough. It’s unfortunate we let so many other things take priority.

I would ask for prayer for a new Church home (or for a Life Church campus to open in Omaha), for our house in Oklahoma to sell, for continued guidance and direction regarding raising and ministering to my boys and for continued growth in this new chapter of our lives…

BTW, I took notice of your song on ms. Powerful lyrics. You’re not expected to have all the answers (though I’m sure it feels like it at times) and it’s a given we’re all going to have our moments where we unravel (even the strongest, most sound people have limits). Keep praying, keep listening, keep learning and keep loving!!! You’re doing a fantastic job, Anna! You’re an amazing woman! Miss You!

Tara–I claim victory over you today! May you walk in the knowledge that God has already won the battle! May you grasp it with faith and walk forward!

• Theresa says:

My prayers are with you and all your students. I love that you pray over them!

I have been revisiting some areas of my life that I thought were locked away. It has been theraputic but I also find it extremely hard. For me I would like prayer for strength to continue telling my story. I at the momment feel very (not sure what word to put here)_______

That I’ll remember to pray….

• Yes! Pray that I have wisdom as I talk with some girls this week about marriage, family, kids, life….man…I feel so inept. Some are facing EXTREME situations. Lord, give me the words!

• mandy says:

anna: my pastor told me yesterday that we would be doing a series on prayer. i groaned inwardly because i know i don’t pray enough! and here it is again – another reminder.
    OUCH!
    thank you for the post!!!!
    and please pray that God will provide financially for my husband and I as he finishes seminary.
    many thanks!
    mandy

• brittney says:

for strength! And a loving heart. What can I pray about for you?

• nikkie says:

girl, i got your back! you know that, right? can’t wait for coffee soon. love ya!

• It is so easy for us(me) to jump in and try to fix whatever the problem is. I have to be continually reminded that our best weapon is prayer and the enemy is a spiritual one.