Wounded and Bleeding

Well, it was a rough night.  I may not be wounded and bleeding but sometimes that’s the way I feel.

We had an arrest.  (The student was later released to his mother.)

We had a fight.

The students were receptive and paid attention for the most part but there’s still those few students who mouth off to a leader, or have no respect for this place, others or themselves.  After nights like this I’m left wondering “Why can’t we all just get along?  Don’t any of you get it?”

Isn’t that always how it goes?  I prayed over tonight probably more than I’ve prayed for a Wednesday night in a long time, and it’s one of the worst nights we’ve had!

Why is that?  Why is it that the more we pray, the worse things seem to get?

14 Responses to “Wounded and Bleeding”

• daaaaang… I wish I could have made it tonight. Work has been crazy. First I was working, then I wasn’t, then I was, then I wasn’t, then I was, then I wasn’t, and now I’m headed to work (it’s 2:41 in the morning).

• Libby says:

Spiritual warfare . . . ugh! But like we’ve heard before, if Satan is messing with your ministry then keep up the great work! :) I’ll be praying for you guys!!

• Anna, like most of you aliens in Children’s and Youth ministry, I admire you for your bravery and stamina. I can only stand one kid at a time, and she’s my grandchild! (grin). But even in Kid’s or Youth ministry, it’s still ministry, and not babysitting. And ministry is war, or it’s not real. If a ministry is real, and you fight the battles effectively, you should encounter real opposition. Where it can try to hurt you the most. It’s not fun or pretty. War usually isn’t. I think yer suppose to keep in mind that it’s not your job to win the war. Willing to be used to fight the battles even when you get hurt in the process, yes, or something like that. Ask Scott. (grin) IMHO, as always.

• Kevin Morey says:

The more you pray, the more spiritual beings have your back. Thus, satan brings more spiritual beings of his own. I thought it was a really good night. I’m usually in a position where I never hear about or see any fight at all ever.

• Sarah says:

Anna Im sorry that things went so poorly last night!!!! Satan attacks us MOST when we pray because Satan knows that he is loosing his foothold and because he knows that when people pray…fervantly and with passion…that things really do happen. He is attacking now because he know that his time is limited (Did I seriously just say that)(WOW) Ill be praying for you today!!!!

• brad says:

Thank You, for being a church that loves the prechirstian teens. Thank You, for being a staff member that loves the lost. Ann you are more hurt than the teens that fought, because you hurt for both teens. Why do you hurt? Because you choose to love. I would bet you would say that the hurt is worth it.

I think you pissed the enemy off. Did I say that out loud?

Anyway, keep fighting.

• roger says:

What you migth not be realizing is that you are making these teens feel uncomfortable about how they are living their lives. They are going to throw up the defenses and try to shelter themselves. All they know is popping off at adults and fighting. They are just using that as a big shield so they don’t have to let Jesus in. They are afraid of what might happen, they might lose control, not be cool, get made fun of for being totally bought in. They might not be ready for the persecution of being a true follower.

You keep pluggng at it knowing that the more they get defensive, the more you are pushing the buttons of guilt and the closer they are to committing it all to Christ.

It is always darkest before the dawn, and the dawn is not far away. I feel there is going to be real change happening there real soon

• Sandy says:

God answers prayers in different ways. Some of the biggest prayers and answers that God has given me in my life I thought were the worst thing possible that could happen. In reality though he did answer my prayer just not how I had envisioned. Sometimes, especially with kids things have to shake up their life to get their attention and then you have the opportunity to acheive what you had been praying for.

Thank you all for the comments and encouragement! Your thoughts and prayers mean so much.
    Roger–I couldn’t agree more… I can’t wait to see the breakthrough happen!
    Jimmy–You’re so right, ministry is war!
    Sarah–Great words. Thank you!

• sheri says:

The enemy wants to distract us from God – and get us to say things like “where was God” “why didn’t He show up?” “is God answering our prayers?” “If He’s here, why did this happen?” He wants to put our focus on trying to understand God and everything because it takes our eyes off worshipping Him – it leans us toward our own understanding. We just have to throw up our arms in faith and say, ” We praise you Lord and lean not on our own understanding! We believe that You are working this out for the good of those who love you!”
    You know Anna, Jesus was in ministry about 1 min. before we was lead out to be tested… Jesus responded to every test with “it is written.” Maybe God is allowing you to be tested because He wants to grow your influence over kingdoms and nations even more?
    I believe it! I believe in you!

• Kevin says:

we are right there with you. we have some serious heart issues we are dealing with here in wellington as well. it was actually encouraging to read this blog this morning b/c i know we have campuses in the same battle. lets shake it off and step up. we are going to have a big night this Wednesday!

• Think how much worse it might have been if you hadn’t prayed so much.

• Do you have any plans to address what happened last Wednesday with the students this Wednesday?