Godly Relationships

I need your help.

ist1_4890702-couple-holding-hands.jpg I’m writing a message for an up-coming series for SWITCH about relationships. I’ve been given the topic:

“What Does a Godly Relationship Look Like?”

I know what I think, but I’d like to get a little more feedback.

What are your thoughts? Remember, this message will be given to students in the 6th-12th grade!

9 Responses to “Godly Relationships”

• Any relationship or a male/female relationship? And I’m bringing you a copy of “Eyes Wide Open” by B. Murk for a reference.

• This is tough for me. I’m a grandfather. How about one that you wouldn’t be ashamed of if God walked in on? Agh. Yer job is too hard, Anna! (grin)

• Michael says:

A relationship that is centered around god; The people involved in this “relationship” must walk the walk and talk the talk, knowing that ultimately they must answer for there own actions.

It would be relationship between a boy friend and a girl friend.

• jasonmaxwell says:

A Godly relationship will be accountable to God, to each other, and to a mentor (accountability partner).

It is God centered, God focused, and God driven. Your relationship with God oversees all things.

When our focus becomes “What does God want in my life/relationships?”, and we forget about “Is he/she the one?” all other things will fall into place.

When we are pursuing God, we should be able to look next to us and see our partner next to us pursuing God just as hard. If we can’t talk about church/God in a positive way, we have a problem. (SIDE NOTE- That doesn’t necessarily mean that they are “the one”, but you want someone that will respect each other. Otherwise when you find “the one”, you will have unwanted baggage to carry.)

Godly relationships minister and encourage those around them to also have Godly relationships.

You can endure being apart for more than a week, and on return not have to have an extended liplock session. 😉

• Mike C. says:

It seriously considers marriage & family before ever starting.

It works not by might, nor by power, but by His Spirit.

It’s loving someone when they fail in areas where you are most easily irritated.

It remembers that Christ first loved us in spite of who we were.

It’s not about coming in with a 50-50% or 100-100% expectation. It’s 100-0%.

It remembers that feelings come and go, and that physical beauty will eventually fade.

‘Til death do you part.

• misti says:

i agree with Mike C.

Misti–Go figure! 😉

It is about God first and then about the other person, NOT about what you get from them. My rule *that may only work for girls who respect their dad*: nothing should be happening that you wouldn’t do in front of your dad. :-)