Think. Speak. Do.

Recently I heard something that really got my attention. “The three most important areas of life are: our thoughts, our words and our actions.”

Is there something in your life you want to do? Some goal you want to accomplish? Some sin you want to overcome?

• It all starts with your thoughts. Focusing your thoughts can bring huge changes in your life. Start thinking about what you want to do.
  • Then you speak it. Speak whatever it is to anyone and everyone who will listen.
  • After you’ve done those two things, you take action. Do what you’ve been talking and thinking about doing, and don’t worry about failing.

I gather that if you can master those three areas of life nothing can hold you back.

Do you agree, disagree? Is there something in your life that you want to accomplish, or change?

Think it, Speak it, Do it!

12 Responses to “Think. Speak. Do.”

Excellent Anna. When is the last time you dreamed about something in your thoughts but just never got off high center to accomplish it? Believe me after you think it and you start talking it and you take that first action all kinds of doubt will try to take it away. This is when the real fight will begin. Our spiritual life mirrors this exactly. Thanks for your encouragement. I want to just get better in all areas of my life.

• Rachizzle fo Shizzle says:

totally agree! I’ve been doing those things the past few weeks. One of my goals has been to have more self control at my house and not blow up at my siblings when they are being complete jerks and besides a few slip ups in my actions, I’ve done alright. but there is always room to grow! :)

• Polly says:

I agree. At the moment it’s the focusing of thoughts I’m finding hardest. It’s so easy to get caught up in the world, especially when there are lots of deadlines to meet. It’s good to be reminded that I need to take time to set myself goals to meet- rather than just work towards the ones set by others!
    A repeated goal of mine is to take more time for devotions and prayer. I guess I just thought and spoke it, and now all that’s left is to take some action?

• Kara says:

Definitely agree. I know that at certain points in my life I would be trying to change a behavior of mine, or break a habit, and I would skip to “do” without first changing how I think and speak. It was a lot more challenging and I often saw short term success. Now I do my best to try and capture thoughts that contradict or counteract what I’m trying to accomplish and replace them with the preferred thoughts… then I speak it aloud and finally I’m able to “do” it more naturally and it’s less forced. GREAT entry!

DA–I’m always dreaming… just not always doing.
    Rachizzle–I know you’re growing girl! Keep it up. You lead your siblings!
    Polly–You’re so right… think it, speak it, do it. Anything is possible!
    Kara–Love your thoughts.

• ThreeNails says:

When certain sins want to creep back into my life, I must take my mind to a verse in the bible. Rebike the temptation. But if you surround yourself with ungodly people, you are adding to the struggle. I recently broke ties with some people because it added to that battle of good and evil. Many people think they can dabble in the “world” and live a godly life. Satan wants you to TRY that, give him a the slightest crack in the door and he’ll get in.

As Led Zeppelin says in their song “Stairway To Heaven” – yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there’s still time to change the road you’re on.

• Jeremy says:

Sometimes for me it’s more of lights, camera, action. Instead of father, son, holy spirit…

• Nicole Knox says:

This is good, I love it!

Jimmy–You are so right!
    ThreeNails–Breaking ties with old friends is a very hard thing to do. I commend you for your boldness!
    Jeremy–Not sure what you mean… but you always make me laugh!
    Nicole–Thank you! I’m glad you got something out of it. (Had fun hanging with your husband today for the retreat!)

• […] life believing this lie for far too long. As I think back on it now, I’m shocked at how my thoughts had such a strong effect on my actions. I believed I was fat, therefore, I would overeat, not exercise, or at least cut corners if I […]

• […] He wants to steal our identity. If he can effectively steal our identity he knows he’s pulled the shade over our eyes. He knows we’ll fall for whatever charade he prances before us, whatever insecurity we allow to dominate our thoughts, words, and actions. […]