Building or Breaking?

Which one are you in?

Over the course of my 22 years of life I’ve discovered our life will always fall into two categories: Building or Breaking.

Building—This is when things are fun! Opportunities seem to knock on every door and every window. The direction of your life seems laser focused, and you wake up with a sense of joy and anticipation for the things to come. This is when you are building toward a goal, or vision that God has placed in your life!

Breaking—This is when things are painful. Sometimes it feels like NOTHING is happening and nothing WILL happen for the rest of your life! You don’t feel like you have any real direction, and sometimes it feels as if every breath takes effort. If you’re smart, this is the place where you cling to God with everything in you. But sometimes it also feels like your faith is hanging by a thread!

I’ve experienced both seasons of building and breaking. Right now, I’m in the building stage. But here is a truth that you should never forget: Without the breaking season of life, the building season would never be possible!

Share your thoughts on why that is! What season are you in right now?

8 Responses to “Building or Breaking?”

I’m in a building stage right now. I’m learning and applying things that I had forgotten in the past. Focusing is very important. A young lady once made me this saying, “Divided focus paralyses”. You are so right Anna the breaking is like the season of making mistakes that all to well teach us our most important lessons.

• Just read this from I Cor 15 “Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.”

I’m in a building stage too. But, sprinkled here and there is still plenty of breaking. Someone recently told me that in the brokenness and cracks of our lives, His light can show through. I’m learning that being broken is a hard, but good thing.

Great post!

• Kara says:

I think right now I’m at a plateau… which honestly could be considered breaking. I’m not moving forward necessarily but I’m also not going backward. It’s not a good place to be in but I don’t want to push forward on my own strength, because I’m sure God’s trying to teach me to wait on Him :)

Kara–You are in the breaking! But this is not a bad thing! The breaking season of my life was when God grew me the most. Usually when it seems like NOTHING is happening–EVERYTHING is happening! Photos are always developed in the dark! The breaking is necessary for the building to happen! Push through! Seek God like crazy! And see what HE will do when you’re completely broken before HIM!

I am pretty sure I am in the middle of breaking. I have this weird feeling that everything in my life has be thrown in a blender, and now, I am trying to sort out what it all is. Where this goes, I have no idea, but it has to be to something better.

• Lulu says:

I think i’m at the end of breaking and entering a building stage. Some exciting thing’s are on the verge of happening and that’s what i’m looking forward too!

Hope–something will come of it! Just hold on and wait for HIM!
    LuLu–I think that is a good estimate of where you are! I’m excited to see what God will do in your building stage!

• Tony says:

Great stuff Anna! I would Say I am in a breaking season. Probably the start of one. I can still smell the rain coming.