Archive for September 22nd, 2010
Sometimes we can get so busy with life that we forget the small things. The things we think won’t matter in the long run, or the things that we subconsciously put at a lower priority than other really important things. I’ll make my list of what I think these things are. Feel free to add to it in the comment section.
- Prayer–How often do we really do it?
- Holding the door for someone
- Giving an encouraging word
- Doing the right thing–even when no one is watching
- Picking up a piece of trash
- A phone call just to say hi
- Putting something back where you found it
- Stop. Listen. Learn something new about someone
- Go a whole day without complaining
- Enjoy the journey–not necessarily the destination
- Include someone
- Write a thank you note
- Buy someone a gift for no reason
- Think about someone other than yourself
- Help someone with their project
- Have someone over for dinner
- Be honest
What do you think are some small seemingly insignificant things in life that are actually quite important? Share your thoughts!