Posts Tagged ‘Fun’
With summer around the corner I feel the kid in me come out. Unfortunately many adults can lose sight of the kid inside. Sometimes I think adults can just be too adultish. Here are 10 things that we used to do as kids that we should never become too old to do as adults:
1. Laugh until our sides hurt
2. CANNON BALL!
3. Play a practical joke on someone.
4. Drink Koolaid.
5. Share your biggest secret with your best friend.
6. Build a fort!
7. Use your imagination.
8. Run. (For reasons other than exercise.)
9. Eat a pop-cycle
10. Always expect the best.
Want to add a few of your own?
Sorry for the delay in posts over the last couple days. I’ve been sick, sick! A snot factory has taken up residence in my nostrils and it’s producing more than my body knows what to do with! I have no voice, (which some might say is a blessing in disguise!) Our big event for SWITCH is this Wednesday, so I’m praying I feel better very soon! Thanks for your prayers!
In the mean time, since my brain is not working correctly instead of writing a post, I’d like to show you what my amazing husband (of six months, yesterday) got me for Valentines Day. He couldn’t wait until the actual day, since he’s just like a little kid when it comes to gifts! Check it out!
Check out our very first video:
One of my most treasured Valentines Day memories was a couple years ago when I was still single. Being single, and also a hopeless romantic, made every Valentines Day the most dreaded of holidays. Except for the year my dad purchased three roses for each of his daughters and wrote a simple note: “These roses represent the three ties that keep us together: You, Me and Jesus.” I’ll never forget that as long as I live.
Many of my siblings and friends often ask me for creative ideas for dates and memories. Always believing in collecting experiences over possessions I’ve come across some really fun things to do. Here is a brief list of things to do on Valentines Day whether you are single, dating or married.
- Get a group of single girl friends together. Dress up in evening gowns and treat yourself to an expensive restaurant. You’re worth it!
- Have a Champagne and Chocolate sleep over at your place. Make the center of discussion what your standards are in a man.
- Get a mixed group of single girls and guys together and play games: Poker, Guitar Hero “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.”
- Go to Barnes&Noble and give each other 30 minutes to pick out the top three books that describe who you are. Meet back at the cafe, order a drink, and share with each other why you chose those books.
- Create for your man or woman a scavenger hunt, with clever clues that lead him/her to meaningful places that carry fond memories, until finally landing at the restaurant of your choice for a nice dinner.
- Ask an older, admired married couple to go to dinner with you. Have them share their love story, how they met, married and what they’ve experienced so far.
- Make a documentary video of your date, capturing all the important/funny aspects. Take the camera and computer to Star Bucks, upload the video and relive the entire night again. (With lots of laughs!)
- Cook a nice candle-lit steak dinner at home… in your nighty. (Make sure dinner is almost done cooking before your husband sees you… you won’t get very far after that–with dinner anyway!
- Make reservations to a local bed and breakfast. Pack an overnight bag, secure a babysitter, and surprise your husband/wife with a weekend away.
- Ladies, for a great gift idea: secure a photographer a couple weeks before Valentines Day to take Boudoir photos of you. Your husband will go crazy!
- Get a group of your married friends together and play Dirty Cupid--$10-$15 “date” gift played just like Dirty Santa!
- Try a Sample Platter Date: Get all dressed up, go to your four favorite restaurants, at the first one order an appetizer, second one a meal, third one, another meal, last place order your dessert. Take it all back to the house and have a pic-nick on the living room floor! Then, whatever else you’d like to do on the living room floor!
- Ditch the flannel nightgown. Surprise your husband with some new lingerie!
- After dinner, turn the lights down low, turn up the fire, put on some music and dance in your living room.
Have any other creative Valentines day ideas? What about Valentines Day memories? Share them in the comments.